Bend Outdoor Worx and the Oregon Outdoor Alliance announced the startups that will be competing for investment and awards at next week’s Venture Out Festival. The conference, scheduled for Oct. 12 at the Tower Theater in Bend, is the first venture event focused specifically on the outdoor industry.
The finalists for the Ready to Roll $100,000 investment, presented by Trigen Investments, are:
- RipClear (Bend, Oregon) creates lens protectors for optics that adhere directly to the lens with military rated clarity with patented technology.
- SnoPlanks (Bend, Oregon) handcrafts bamboo snowboards and skis.
- Zealios (Bend, Oregon) provides performance personal care products for endurance athletes.
The finalists for the $10,000 Breakout Award, presented by Bend RadioGroup and HydroFlask, are:
- CushCore (Bend, Oregon) developers of the world’s first “Inner-Tire Suspension System.
- Tougher (Corvallis, Oregon) makes durable and functional work wear designed specifically for women.
- Wedgis (Bend, Oregon) offers innovative swimwear that wedges into a tiny, waterproof, and lightweight pouch designed to take anywhere.
Also Kevin Pearce will be the keynote speaker.
Pearce is a former top professional snowboarder, and an Olympic gold contender who suffered a life-altering head injury while training for the Vancouver Olympics. He’s since established the Love Your Brain Foundation and is now an inspirational speaker. He’ll speak at Venture Out, and the audience will also get to see a portion of his HBO Documentary, The Crash Reel.
Additionally, Venture Out also announced its sponsors, which include Trigen Investments, Bend Radio Group, HydroFlask, DrinkTanks, Northline Financial, Bendbroadband, White Summers, US Bank, Hand in Hand Production, Cairn and Black Strap.
If you want to make it a full afternoon of startup fun, then check out the unConference — also on Oct. 12th — at 2 p.m. Presented by the Tech Alliance of Central Oregon and StartupBend, you can watch startups pitch and compete for a chance to be on the Bend Venture Conference stage. The audience votes. We all drink beer. And we’ll finish up by 4:30 p.m. so that you can head over to Venture Out.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- Miss These Jobs and You’ll Be SAD! Cairn, Manzama, GL Solutions, G5 and More Hiring … - February 24, 2017
- Hip, Luxury Lipstick That’s Also Vegan? Yep, Meet Axiology - February 21, 2017
- 3 Tips for Aspiring Entrepreneurs from OSU Cascades Biz Instructor Kim Vierra #julieselfie - February 16, 2017