We’re excited to launch a public chat room for tech professionals in Central Oregon. If you haven’t heard of Slack, it’s similar to IRC but much more user friendly.
When evaluating different options for discussion tools, we appreciated what Slack had to offer, including:
- Open for everyone
- Friendly user interface
- Easy asynchronous conversation
- iOS and Android apps
- Powerful customization abilities
- Excellent search
We prefer to keep the topics tech-related, such as:
- Technical questions
- Tech jobs (freelance or otherwise)
- Event related goings-on
If you’re interested, we ask that you apply for access here: http://bendtech.com/chat
We look forward to seeing you in there!
He loves to write code, is passionate about design, and runs StartupCommunity.org as a side hobby. He sold his previous company that he started in Bend, 'The Social Business' to Innovation Garden in New York.
You can reach James by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by James Gentes (see all)
- Lessons from the SBIR Road Tour: How Founders Can Explore Gov Funding/Contracts for Startups - July 19, 2018
- It’s Cyber Monday! 10 Gadgety Gifts to Jumpstart Your Holiday Shopping - November 27, 2017
- Want to Own a Startup? StartupCommunity.org is Up for Grabs - December 1, 2016