We want a Central Oregon startup to win an Oregon Entrepreneurship Award this year. We want it bad. And you know a startup that could win.
This event has long been dominated by our friends to the West, and we would like to take home one of these prizes this year:
- Launch Stage Company of the Year
- Companies in the Launch Stage category may be in the process of setting up, developing and testing the products, processes, or services they intend to market or are currently marketing. Projected revenues for the current calendar year from sales of products or services are in the range of $0-0.5 million and the amount of invested capital in these companies is less than $5 million.
- Development Stage Company of the Year
- Development Stage companies are in the early stages of fully launching their businesses on the market. They are in the process of establishing their production, marketing, sales, distribution and administrative functions and may be hiring employees or contractors to support their operations. These companies have recognized revenues at a minimum of $0.5 million in the previous calendar year. They also have projected revenues for the current year in the range of $0.5-$10 million and should either show a historical trend toward positive cash flow or have a credible plan to reach that objective in the near- to mid term.
- Growth Stage Company of the Year
- Growth Stage companies have a fully-marketable product or service, have earned a degree of market acceptance and have acquired a critical mass of customers. Their efforts are aimed not at remaining viable but at increasing market share, moving into new markets, adapting products or services to new uses and customers or increasing efficiency and cash flow. These companies have recognized revenues at a minimum of $10 million in the previous calendar year. They also have projected revenues for the current year in excess of $10 million and, if not profitable, are generating cash flow and are financially self-sustaining.
- Entrepreneurial Achievement Award
- Game Changer Award
- Wyatt Starnes Memorial Award
This event will be held on Thursday, Octorber 22 at the Oregon Convention Center.
For more information, check out: http://www.oen.org/events/entrepreneurship-awards/
He loves to write code, is passionate about design, and runs StartupCommunity.org as a side hobby. He sold his previous company that he started in Bend, 'The Social Business' to Innovation Garden in New York.
You can reach James by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by James Gentes (see all)
- Lessons from the SBIR Road Tour: How Founders Can Explore Gov Funding/Contracts for Startups - July 19, 2018
- It’s Cyber Monday! 10 Gadgety Gifts to Jumpstart Your Holiday Shopping - November 27, 2017
- Want to Own a Startup? StartupCommunity.org is Up for Grabs - December 1, 2016