EDCO today announced the 10 early stage companies that will be pitching at next week’s PubTalk in hopes of landing a spot in the Bend Venture Conference and a chance to win a $20,000 investment from the Portland Seed Fund.
The 10 semifinalists will present their startup ideas to a packed house next Thursday, and five will be selected as finalists for the BVC, which is scheduled for Oct. 18th and 19th. This is the first year that the early stage competition is open to companies from Bend and beyond, and the list of semifinalists includes startups from Portland and Corvallis.
From EDCO, the 10 Early Stage semi-finalists that will compete at the September 27th PubTalk are:
- Doing (Portland, Ore.) – An app designed to compile a curated list of local or regional events.
- Ella & Oak (Bend, Ore.) – An online bridal marketplace for plus-size brides bringing the “try and buy” experience home to consumers before making the big purchase.
- LifeExec (Bend, Ore.) – A life management web application that allows clients to securely store information and distribute communications during any life event.
- LuDela (Bend, Ore.) – Bringing smart technology to the scented candle space.
- mimble (Portland, Ore.) – A financial savings app designed to create and track savings goals.
- Plover, Inc. (Portland, Ore.) – A carwash machine that utilizes computer vision and modern robotics to clean cars using only steam and water.
- Raaft (Bend, Ore.) – Provider of easy-to-use software that helps software as a service (SAAS) companies reduce customer cancellations.
- Rogue Approach (Bend, Ore.) – Developer of an unmanned aircraft hybrid-electric powertrain to significantly extend flight time.
- ShoeBio (Corvallis, Ore.) – A sneaker searching platform that scours over 360 websites to help you find the best price on your favorite sneakers.
- ZibaHub (Portland, Ore.) – A professional social networking platform connecting health and beauty practitioners to jobs, customers, and each other.
An audience vote, along with a panel of experts, will determine which five companies will move on to the big stage. Speaking from experience, this PubTalk is usually very packed and sells out. So get a ticket soon, and then plan to be there early (or you know, be more laid back and wing it if that’s your jam).
And if you’re interested in BVC, then you should try to win yourself a free ticket. Cascade Angels is hosting a competition called 3Qs to Win — basically answer three short questions and you may just win a BVC ticket, valued at more than $300. The entries have been rolling in and the deadline is coming up, so don’t delay!
Early Stage Semi Finalists
McMenamin’s St. Francis School in Bend
5:00 pm to 5:45 pm Networking
5:45 pm to 8:00 pm
Early Stage semi-finalist presentations, voting, and announcement of BVC finalists
PubTalk cost and registration
$25 EDCO & OEN Members (Become a member here.)
Cost includes appetizers and a free beverage (choice of beer, wine, or soda)
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- Kickoff 2019 with an Evening of BadAss Women Entrepreneurs; Learn about Startup Funding Opportunities, Hear from Successful Founders and More - December 18, 2018
- Cascade Angels Announces Largest Fund Ever w/ $1.1 Million in Investments This Year - December 11, 2018
- Looking for Office Space? Check Out BendTECH Coworking - November 30, 2018