One of the most fun parts of the Bend Venture Conference is the early stage competition. It features Central Oregon startups who are just getting going, and vying for a $17,500 award to help them launch. Adding to the fun: The audience at this month’s PubTalk, along with an expert panel, gets to weigh in on who moves on to the main conference.
Today, EDCO announced the semi-finalists, who will pitching to a packed house at PubTalk, scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 28th.
In alphabetical order, the Ten Early Stage semi-finalists are:
- BladeRunner Energy – A micro-hydro technology based on biomimicry that harnesses renewable energy from the natural flow of water.
- kidcareshare – A social network for parent communities to instantly schedule and trade carpools, play dates and care.
- Mission Limelight – Empowers non-profits and commercial enterprises to maximize their marketing, fundraising and social impact.
- Ockam – A blockchain based platform to solve systemic security and interoperability problems in all IOT devices.
- Snappy Sitters – Matches reliable and capable sitters with busy families who have extremely high standards.
- Tread & Butter – Intentionally-designed cork insoles for sport, work and outdoors.
- Tribe Pilot – A social tool to plan outdoor adventure.
- Voilà – Specialty instant coffee from top US roasters, delivered monthly.
- Wildish – Makers of outdoorsy gear for outsidey people.
- Wingo – The first truly ergonomic cases for tablets and smartphones to alleviate pain, prevent injury, and substantially increase comfort.
From the EDCO news release:
With the largest crowd of the year, the action will be live-streamed throughout multiple rooms at McMenamins. Don’t wait to secure your seats – tickets are going fast and this event will sell out. Since 2011, BendBroadband Business has sponsored the Early Stage competition. This year, the cash award has increased to an impressive $17,500 for the BVC Early Stage winner.
PubTalk Agenda – Sept. 28
5:00 pm to 5:45 pm Networking
5:45 pm to 8:00 pm Early Stage semi-finalist presentations, voting & announcement of finalists
PubTalk Cost and Registration
$25 EDCO & OEN Members (Become a member here)
Cost includes appetizers and a beverage (choice of beer, wine, or soda)
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- A Jobs Board Blowout! Apptoto, LeadMethod, Odysys, Flybook, TechSoft 3D and Bend Research Hiring - November 20, 2017
- OnBoard Dynamics CEO Rita Hansen Chosen for U.S. Delegation Headed to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in India - November 16, 2017
- Need Some Spice in Your Life? Check out Red Duck Foods Taco Sauce Kickstarter - November 9, 2017