If you have some time Friday morning, then head to the Muse Salon Series at the Liberty Theater downtown for what promises to be an engaging 90 minutes of conversation with four inspiring entrepreneurs, whose businesses make a distinct social impact.
The first panel discussion features Shannon Keith, CEO of Sudara; Sarah Pool, former CEO of Pacific Superfood Snacks and current CEO of Besso; Amy Doherty, founder of Think Tanky; and Ericka Rodriguez, founder of Axiology.
I’m really looking forward to moderating the discussion, which will focus on how these women have integrated their desire to have a social or environmental impact with the founding of their company. For example:
- Rodriguez, with Bend-based Axiology, has created beautiful cosmetics from ingredients that are vegan and cruelty free.
- Doherty draws on her experience working with nonprofits to help for-profit businesses find ways to deepen their own social impact.
- Pool’s latest venture, Besso, partners with breweries across the globe to up-cycle spent barley grain into plant-based superfood smoothies.
- Keith, with Sudara, offers living wage jobs and resources to women in India who have escaped sex slavery.
We’ll discuss the experience of these entrepreneurs as well as how more of us can integrate our own values and causes more closely with our work, even if we don’t plan on starting a company or changing careers.
Muse Conference Salon Series
Social Impact Businesses
Friday, March 3
Liberty Theater Downtown
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Register here and check out the salon discussions throughout the day as well.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- 500+ Posts Later, StartupBend Founders Close Up Blog and Look to What’s Next - February 26, 2020
- Save the Date: unConference Returns for its 10th year w/ Cash Prizes and Fun Oct. 15 - October 7, 2019
- The Annual BendTECH Startup Resource Fair Returns 6/6 - May 21, 2019