If you’re an Oregon startup looking for funding, then you’ve got two weeks to get your application into Cascade Angels. The Bend-based fund is accepting applications through April 15. Cascade Angels expects to invest in two to six companies this year, in amounts ranging from $50,000 to $250,000.
“We’re seeing lots of diversity in the kinds of companies that are applying as well as an increased interest in the fund as we move into our third year,” says Julie Harrelson, CEO of the Harrelson Group, which manages the fund. There may be other application rounds in the coming months.
Cascade Angels has invested nearly $1 million in nine Oregon startups via two funds (2014 and 2015).
Of those companies:
- 5 are in Bend (Manzama, Droplr, Amplion, Lead Method, Odysys)
- 3 are in Portland (Lumen Learning, Scratch-It and Poached)
- 1 is in Eugene (NemaMetrix)
While the fund has invested primarily in tech, Harrelson says Cascade Angels is exploring investments in all kinds of companies. If you’re interested, you can apply for investment on Gust.com, at least for the next two weeks. So turn in your investment application, file your tax return and you’re golden. Homework done.
The Fund’s mission is to create opportunities for investors and businesses in Oregon to drive economic growth and fuel prosperity. “We hope to provide patient capital to entrepreneurs with Oregon-based companies, generate returns and create jobs,” Harrelson says.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- The BVC Recap: Talkoot Wins Big, the Theme is “Upstream,” Rockets to the Moon and More - October 20, 2018
- Mandala, LuDela and Lacuda Swim Win Cash + Prizes at BendTECH unConference - October 17, 2018
- Reminder: BendTECH unConference is at 2 p.m. Tuesday. That’s Tomorrow! - October 15, 2018