If you’re New Year’s resolution includes learning more about micro-electronic hardware, then I’ve got a little something for you. E Space Labs has doubled its number of course offerings for the first quarter of 2016 — and plans on adding even more as the year goes on.
Launched last year, the founders of E Space, David Robson and Rick Silver, are hoping to support the growth of the high-tech electronic hardware market industry in Central Oregon. Their lab — located at The Bridge — features a 3-D print work station, and electro-mechanical design workstation and three electric design workstations.
You can buy a membership to E Space and make full use of their equipment. And as mentioned, E Space offers courses available to members and nonmembers alike. “I think if you build something, you really learn (the subject) better,” Robson says.
The line-up of classes for this year includes:
- Soldering School
- Introduction to the Arduino microcontroller
- Introduction to the Linux operating system
- How to use electronic test equipment
- Selling strategies
- Basic electronics 101
And there’s more. For course dates, cost and information, check the E Space website.
The company is also offering business mentoring to startups and organizing events as well. For instance, E Space is hosting an Inventors Night, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Jan. 29th.
“We are inviting inventors, makers, product developers of all kinds and anyone with a creative mind to come to a social get together to meet and mingle with others involved with creating new products. Admission is free, refreshments are free and there will be lots of interesting people to talk to and meet,” according to E Space.
Robson reports that they’ve seen a growing interest from software developers and others in learning more about electronic hardware. Sign up and see what you can do.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- OnBoard Dynamics CEO Rita Hansen Chosen for U.S. Delegation Headed to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in India - November 16, 2017
- Need Some Spice in Your Life? Check out Red Duck Foods Taco Sauce Kickstarter - November 9, 2017
- OSU-Cascades Hosts Global Day of Code Retreat! Software Devs of All Skill Levels Are Invited! - November 6, 2017