One of Central Oregon’s top employers is seeking a Enterprise Systems Lead to join their team!
Where You Get To Live!
Our client is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon, the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiasts ‘paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6zSKJqalug#at=20
What You Get To Do!
As our Enterprise Systems Lead you will focus on technical leadership to ensure the department meets business objectives and delivers business value. This role will be responsible for managing and monitoring, and securing and maintaining the infrastructure environment for Les Schwab. You’ll be responsible for reporting issues/concerns that affect the operational stability of any production system or environment to chain of command with sense of urgency.
You will report to our Enterprise Platforms Manager and work out of our office located in Bend, OR.
Primary responsibilities/functions you are responsible for:
Manage and maintain the core server infrastructure which includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for the protection, retention, and integrity of system data;
- Designing, architecting and implementing SaaS solutions;
- Upgrade and patch management;
- Troubleshooting analysis;
- Performance optimization; an
- Accurately documenting all work in appropriate incident tracking.
Review, research, and recommend system design improvements across platforms:
Serve as the expert representative of the department on assigned projects, providing technical governance and ensuring server solution best practices are adhered to;
- Design SaaS solutions
- Collaborate with vendor partners on SaaS and PaaS solutions
- Ensure transition to and functionality of cloud-based solutions
Serve as team leader and mentor by:
- Providing ongoing training, assessment, development, coordination and skill building of staff required to support effective and efficient department operation that is in alignment with the functional manager's direction ;
- Serving as a role model to others on the team by ensuring best practices are followed and taking a leadership role in projects;
- Assisting in the selection and hiring of new team members; and
What You Will Need:
- Providing employee performance feedback and observations to manager.
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) and/or equivalent from a 4 year undergraduate program, plus 5 to 7 years in server/system administration OR a minimum of 9 years experience or training in server administration.
- Experience in a virtualized cloud environment required.
- Excellent knowledge of heterogeneous networked server environment, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Novell Netware, Citrix, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Netbackup, Server Hardware, TCP/IP, VMWare and Storage Area Networks.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Candidate must have strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS.
- Hands-on AWS experience with a minimum of 2 implementations (preferred in Enterprise scale environments)
- Have experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture.
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: [email protected]