The Flybook is the most advanced booking software platform for activity and tour providers of all sizes. The Flybook simplifies online bookings, marketing, back office operations, setting up the businesses we serve to make more money and save time.
Position Location: Bend, OR (no remote option)
In this role, the onboarding specialist will take the customer through the tail end of the sales process - from saying “yes” to being a daily Flybook user, and realizing the full benefits of the system.
The businesses we work with can be complex. From the marketing programs they offer to the algorithm that defines what makes a given tour, trip or ticket “available”. The job of the onboarder is to fully understand a customer’s operations and problem statements to coach how to configure the Flybook platform to work perfectly for them, and ultimately help them grow their business. They will also roll up their sleeves and do the dirty work of initial set up.
Details & Requirements of the Onboarding service:
- Consult and training meetings with accounts
- Initial set-up of Flybook platform on behalf of customer
- Meeting / coordinating with web developers to launch
- 1:1 Troubleshooting
- Given the major impact this system has to customer day to day life, there can be stressful moments in set up. The ability to listen, and not allow these moments to escalate, is a critical skill.
- Travel: onsite training visits to larger/strategic customers just getting started (almost always to a very cool place!). Possibly an outdoor tradeshow or 2.
Helpful skills: (not required)
Basic (can be conceptual) understanding of
- WordPress, squarespace knowledge
- Google analytics
- Accounting concepts
Culture & Benefits at The Flybook.
Work hard, play hard. In business since 2006, we are established yet still a growing company, with plenty of room for more growth in the years to come. We are a collaborative group and every individual matters. Your voice is heard, you will feel the impact of your work and influence the future of the company. We are a family owned business and believe strongly in work life balance, and taking care of our team.
- This position has a base salary + commission for owned/onboarded accounts.
- 100% Employee Covered Health/Dental
- 3% Matching Retirement Contribution (eligible 2yr)
- Flexible PTO.
- Professional Workday that involves ebbs and flows.
- What does that mean: Flybook customer service hours are 8-5pm pacific time. However, with an onboarding role, there will be times to troubleshoot and coach on an evening or weekend as an account first switches over. The commission is meant to compensate for this, as well as downtimes in our seasonal business.