One of Central Oregon’s top employers is seeking an experienced Security Operations Specialist to join their team!
Where You Get To Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get To Do!
The Security Operations Specialist is responsible for overall compliance of security functions associated with a security officer role, applications, communications (voice and data), and computing services within the enterprise. Performs routine level security operations tasks with minimal supervision but under the direction and guidance of more senior specialists.
- Perform mid-level operational support of security procedures and processes in computer and communication hardware, operating system software and productivity tools
- Audit and approve production firewall changes to validate security best practices are met
- Monitor and maintain records of end-user access
- Prevent unauthorized use, release, modification, or destruction of data
- Under direct supervision, assist in the planning, design, enforcement and audit of security policies and procedures which safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems
- Respond to and investigate reported security threats and/or violations
- Determine root cause of security violations and implement appropriate corrective action
- Audit integrity of systems to identify risk
- Perform internal audits as per best practices
- Partner with outside consultants as appropriate to perform security audits
- Assist in maximizing security by identifying risks
- Report issues/concerns that affect the operational stability of any production system or environment to chain of command with sense of urgency
- Initiate and participate in emergency meetings and actions to resolve major outages of server, networking, or telecommunications systems
What You Will Need:
- Two year degree in related field (security or network) preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in networking or information security
- Security certification and/or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of servers, applications and networks
- Mid-level knowledge of and troubleshooting skills for network and security forensic functions
- Strong understanding of OSI Model and network related protocols
- Analytical Skills: Developing analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written & verbal communication
- Ability to work confidently and with discretion with all staff levels
- Flexible and willing to work in an ever-changing environment with the ability to positively adapt to organizational, process, and technology changes
- A passion for the work you do!
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to [email protected]