If you’re looking for funding and resources for your startup, are interested in cleantech, or simply want to be inspired by great founders, then check out the BadAss Women Entrepreneurs event on Jan. 10.
Organized by Vertue Lab and supported by BendTECH, OSU-Cascades and BendX, the evening includes two panels: One on securing follow-on funding for your business, and a second featuring women entrepreneurs who have secured federal grants to grow their cleantech startups.
The idea behind the event is to introduce female founders to local, state, and federal funding options including SBIR/STTR grants. The latter are government grants aimed at helping small businesses conduct R&D, often in technical areas that are aligned with projects/interests of government agencies.
Vertue Lab, the event organizer, is a Portland-based organization that aims to “advance promising technologies to market while helping innovators find the resources they need to move their vision forward.” Vertue Lab focuses specifically on cleantech startups; however, the SBIR/STTR grants are available for other endeavors.
Tricia Clemmons, Vertue Lab’s senior program director, and Leon Wolfe, the SBIR/STTR specialist, will be at the Bend event to help answer questions about federal funding, Vertue Lab’s assistance, and resources, particularly in the tech and cleantech arena.
Founders can also schedule office hours with Leon for additional guidance on SBIR/STTR grants earlier in the same day.
The panelists for the event include:
- Jeff Baker, Craft 3 Business Lender | Bridging $$$ to get you from early stage to investible
- Leon Wolf, Vertue Lab SBIR/STTR Assistance Program, Grant Writing Consultant | Accessing the $2.5 billion in early stage funding from America’s largest seed fund
- Julie Harrelson, Co-Founder & Fund Manager with Cascade Angels | What are angels looking for?
- Rita Hansen, CEO Onboard Dynamics | Technology conceived at OSU-Cascades and a ARPA-e grant recipient. VertueLab portfolio company. Experience in raising public and private capital while also being an active angel investor.
- Katie Pettinger, Managing Director Gadusol Labs | Technology out of OSU. SBIR federal grant recipient and a VertueLab portfolio company.
Interested? Questions? Learn more here. Be sure to register prior to the event, so we can get a count of how many will attend.
BadAss Women Entrepreneurs
Thursday, January 10, 2019
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM PST
Thump Coffee @ BendTECH
1001 Southwest Emkay Drive
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- 500+ Posts Later, StartupBend Founders Close Up Blog and Look to What’s Next - February 26, 2020
- Save the Date: unConference Returns for its 10th year w/ Cash Prizes and Fun Oct. 15 - October 7, 2019
- The Annual BendTECH Startup Resource Fair Returns 6/6 - May 21, 2019