If you’re an Oregon-based early-stage startup, then this news is for you. Cascade Angels, the Bend-based angel fund, is accepting applications for investment from startups. Entrepreneurs can apply on Gust.com beginning Monday through March 6.
The fund expects to invest in four to seven companies in 2017. The typical investments range from $100,000 to $250,000. Now in its fourth year, the fund’s mission is to create opportunities for investors and businesses in and with connections to Central Oregon to drive economic growth and fuel prosperity in Oregon, according to a news release.
Since 2014, Cascade Angels Fund has committed almost $2 million in 13 companies, which employ over 100 people. In Bend, those companies include Amplion, Droplr, Manzama, Zero Transform, LeadMethod and Odysys.
“The continued focus of Cascade Angels is to generate returns for investors, while also generating a return for the community through the impact of job creation and economic diversity,” says Julie Harrelson, Fund Manager for Cascade Angels.
WHAT WE REQUEST FROM YOU
- You are working full-time on your company
- Your business is a legal corporation (C-Corp preferred)
- You are a technology or technology-enabled consumer goods/products or medical/biotech business
- You have revenue or strong early traction with a clear growth path
- You are focused on a market opportunity where there is a realistic expectation of an exponential financial return to our investors (4-5X as a starting point)
- You are interested in and prepared for an equity investment in your business (we will also invest via a convertible note)
- You are an Oregon-based business. We have a preference for Oregon, but will evaluate strong investment opportunities in Washington, California, Idaho, and Utah as well.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US – Cascade Angels’ goals are:
- An efficient process – your time is valuable and you need to be working on your business! Average time from pitch to decision is 60 days or less.
- To provide a clear understanding of status, open items, and next steps – we invest $100,000 – $250,000 in 4-7 companies per year
- Clear communication – not every company is a fit. We’ll do our best to provide direct and actionable feedback.
- Great people – we are serious about what we do, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We seek the same in entrepreneurs.
- Help when you need it – our investors have broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of starting, growing, and scaling businesses and they are available to you as a Cascade Angels portfolio company
So if you’re looking for funding, apply!
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- Bend Tech Employers Plan to Hire Nearly 300 Tech Employees in 2018 - December 12, 2017
- Need Gifts? This 2017 Bend Startup Holiday Gift Guide Has You Covered - December 5, 2017
- The Future is Here: How Tend.ai Co-Founder Mark Silliman Transformed His Honda into a Self-Driving Car - November 28, 2017