Hang onto your hats. Because Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO), host of the Bend Venture Conference (BVC), announced today the five growth stage companies that will pitch at the conference later this month. The startups are vying for $500,000 in investments and cash prizes.
The BVC investors selected the five finalists from a pool of more than 60. They are:
- HoneyComb: Transforming agriculture with on-demand data services and drone technology.
- NemaMetrix: Offering an early stage drug discovery platform that reduces costs 100x by increasing the success of identifying drug candidates early.
- Odysys: Helping hotels drive more direct bookings at a lower cost by allowing hoteliers to connect, manage and track digital marketing efforts with one simple platform.
- Perfect Company: Revolutionizing cooking with a connected scale and interactive recipe solution.
- Scratch-it: Providing a Software as a Service (SaaS) marketing solution that manages a new type of content called “reveal,” which consistently improves engagement by 10x.
“This group of finalists represents a breadth of industries, ranging from software to the Internet of Things to drones,” said Brian Vierra, Venture Catalyst for EDCO. “I’m really impressed with how far some of these companies have come in a very short period of time.”
Applicants for the conference came from up and down the West Coast and beyond including Seattle, Portland and Bend. Fun fact: You might recognize Odysys as one of our #50startups #inbend. The BVC takes place on Oct. 15 and Oct. 16. Tickets are still available.
And ICYMI, the finalists for the early stage pitches were announced at last week’s PubTalk.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- Miss These Jobs and You’ll Be SAD! Cairn, Manzama, GL Solutions, G5 and More Hiring … - February 24, 2017
- Hip, Luxury Lipstick That’s Also Vegan? Yep, Meet Axiology - February 21, 2017
- 3 Tips for Aspiring Entrepreneurs from OSU Cascades Biz Instructor Kim Vierra #julieselfie - February 16, 2017