The Bend Chamber of Commerce is organizing the first-ever Bend Young Professional Summit, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 29th. The summit gives professionals ages 21 through 40 the opportunity to network, share ideas and get involved with the community.
The day-long conference features 10 breakout panels (attendees can choose four) focused on everything from challenges facing the city to how to negotiate a raise to tips for resolving conflict. Two keynote speakers will open and close the event, and then — yes, there’s more — you can head over to an afterparty at Loge Entrada.
It’s a day packed with learning, connecting and fun. Some of the highlights include the opportunity to:
- Get tips and tools for negotiating your next raise from Humm Kombucha’s HR Director Nancy Gammond-Moody.
- Learn about Bend’s toughest social issues from Chief of Police Jim Porter and three other frontline leaders on the forefront of tackling crime, mental health, homelessness, addiction and more.
- Ask advice from fellow YP entrepreneurs who are turning their part time passion projects into full time ventures including Ryan Holmes of SnoPlanks, Mckenna Dempsey of Mandala Mission, Graham Zimmerman of Bedrock Film Works, Wallis Levin of Loloma Lodge and others.
- Learn how to navigate and resolve personal conflict from Hank Queen, former EVP of Boeing who successfully led over 40,000 engineers through the biggest white collar strike in U.S. history.
- Jump into a creativity lab with local conceptual artist Heather Laurie, creative genius behind the Deschutes Halloween Warehouse Party, Burning Man’s Red Nose theme camp and more.
Um can I go to all of those? If you’re interested, the time to sign up is now.
Bend Young Professionals Summit
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sat. Sept. 29th
COCC – Wille Hall & The Science Center
Afterparty 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Group rates available
More information and tickets here.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].