One of our recent #50startups, kidRunner, has announced its 2015 Ambassador team — a group of elite runners, adventure athlete, everyday running parents, retail partners and sponsors. If you recall, kidRunner is the Bend company that has invented a new running stroller that you pull behind you instead of push. Because using arms = good.
kidRunner ambassador and local elite runner Max King leads the group. Following a Spring 2015 crowdfunding campaign, each ambassador will be given their own kidRunner to run, explore and for some of the, even to train for the 2016 Olympic Trials in their sports.
The company plans on taking pre-orders this summer in advance of their official launch. From their news release:
“We identified and assembled a team of elite and every day parent runners, adventurers and entrepreneurs who shared our goal to reinvent running, biking, skiing and exploring with kids,” said Will Warne, kidRunner partner and founder. “We wanted athletes motivated to reinvent running and exploring with kids because today’s kid joggers are heavy, awkward and injury prone. We looked for a team who runs on roads, trails, beaches, and tracks and who can share their experiences with the world. And, we’ve found them!”
Here’s the ambassador team, which looks like an impressive bunch of athletes. (Meanwhile I just ate an entire bag of Easter M&Ms. Put me in coach!)
The 2015 Ambassador Team:
- Max King (Bend, OR):
- 2014 World 100k Champion (American Record 6:27); 2012 World Mountain Running Champion; 2008 and 2012 Olympic Trials Qualifier; 4 X US XC Team Member; 4 X World Xterra Trail Run Champion; 8 X USATF National Champion; winner of BigFoot 10k with daughter in kidRunner
- Ryan and Natalie Bak (Bend, OR):
- NCAA National Champions and runners up; Academic All Americans; Olympic Trialists; winner of 2013 PHX marathon and more
- Stephanie and Ben Bruce (Flagstaff, AZ):
- Elite marathon and half marathon and Steeplechase champs with several top 10 national finishes; Olympic Trialists; USA Track/Field Championships; owners “Running with the Bruces” coaching business
- Amy Golumbia (Calgary, CAN):
- Canadian mountain running champion; raced World Mountain Running Championships in Turkey and Italy; owner of 5 Peaks Trail Running
- Scott and Lauren Jones (Denver, CO):
- Noel Paine (Quebec, CAN):
- ’11 Boston Marathon; 100K Trail Ultra races in Italy and Ireland; Solo rim2rim2rim of Grand Canyon;blogger and writer for Canadian Running magazine
- Gray Skinner (Austin, TX):
- Runner and Triathlete; ’14 Iron Man World Championship qualifier; 1st Place New Orleans 70.3 (Amateur); USA Cycling Certified Coach
- John Tribbia (Salt Lake City, UT):
- Vertical Kilometer Series Champion; fastest runner up Mt. Olympus; developed “Strollerval” training regime with a kid jogger
- Jake Wooley (Ashland, OR):
- Marathoner, cyclist and marketing/product specialist in sports performance textiles and applications
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].