Cascade Angels, an angel fund based in Bend, is accepting applications from Oregon companies seeking investment. The Fund plans to raise a minimum of $300,000 by March 31 to facilitate investments averaging from $50,000 to $200,000, according to a news release.
The criteria for interested companies includes that they:
- Be based in Oregon
- Are at launch stage, with a product and revenue
- Offer the potential for a healthy return rate of seven to 10x
- Are seeking from $50,000 up to $1 million in investment
- And are interested in equity investments (that is the Fund’s preference)
But you can operate in any industry. There’s an additional list of optional criteria you can find here, along with the application.
Cascade Angels raised $460,000 for its previous fund, which made investments in Manzama, Droplr and Amplion, which are all headquartered in Bend, as well as Portland-based Poached Jobs.
The Fund is fueled by accredited investors from Oregon, Washington, and California. And it’s managed by Julie Harrelson, who — in addition to being an entrepreneur who has founded and led businesses, including her current role as the founder and CEO of Harrelson Group — also quoted a one T. Swift as the emcee of January’s PubTalk. I’m doing that heart thing with my hands right now. I can’t help it.
We’ve interviewed Julie before. And if you’re contemplating whether your startup is ready for investment, she offered this great advice.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- 500+ Posts Later, StartupBend Founders Close Up Blog and Look to What’s Next - February 26, 2020
- Save the Date: unConference Returns for its 10th year w/ Cash Prizes and Fun Oct. 15 - October 7, 2019
- The Annual BendTECH Startup Resource Fair Returns 6/6 - May 21, 2019