Tech Soft 3D is one of those Bend tech companies that can fly under your radar — but don’t let it. The company employs nearly 100 people around the world, with offices in Bend, Japan, France, England, Berkeley, Ohio and soon Germany. CEO Ron Fritz is now aiming to grow a development team here.
“We think this is a great time to begin adding to our tech talent,” Ron says.
More on that in a moment. But first, Tech Soft 3D does really cool things. In addition to creating the 3D technology that underpins the PDF standard, the company also provides software development tools that help software teams create all sorts of 3D engineering applications for manufacturing, architecture, engineering and construction, metrology, geospatial, mining and more.
From the company’s website:
We’re pleased to say that partners using our tools include industry leaders such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, Trimble, 3D Systems, Bentley and ANSYS as well as exciting start-ups such as GrabCAD and Lagoa. In fact, many of today’s respected industry applications partnered with Tech Soft 3D in their start-up phases, including products from SolidWorks, SpaceClaim, ANARK, ARAS, IronCAD, Synchro and Gehry Technologies.
Though the company has been in Central Oregon for almost a decade, Ron deemed Bend Tech Soft 3D’s official headquarters last year. The company has since added several positions to its Bend office, which currently houses members of its executive team, marketing and sales, as well as many people on the operations side.
Next up: Bringing on a Bend-based software engineer.
“Because this is the corporate headquarters, we don’t want to get too disconnected from where the rubber meets the road in terms of the products we create,” Ron says. Currently, most of Tech Soft 3D’s product development staff are in its Berkeley, Calif. and Lyon, France offices.
Christa Summers, the company’s director of people development, notes that recruiting for tech talent in the Bay Area is challenging, not only because of the local competitors, but also because of commuting challenges and the high cost of living.
The Bend office, which is just across from the new OSU-Cascades campus, now has about 15 people and is growing. “Everybody here really embodies our company values of having fun and building relationships, being agile and responsive, and striving for excellence,” Christa says. “We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun. It’s an amazingly smart group of people who are really excited about what they do.”
They also travel all around the world. And play corn hole in their office. Sound like a place you want to work? Ron says that they’re not looking for someone with a specific number of years of experience, but instead focused on a hire who has the core skills down. Having 3D development experience is helpful, though not a requirement either.
Here’s some info for Tech Soft 3D’s full stack developer position. For more on the position and how to apply, check our jobs board.
What you will do
- Design and develop production-grade 3D graphics software.
- Solve complex problems with sophisticated 3D graphics software, including resource contention, thread management, and performance optimization.
- Develop server applications for cloud and intranet deployment.
- Write unit tests and perform other software validation.
What we’re looking for
A fast learner who is self-motivated and well-organized. The ideal candidate has:
- A BS in an applicable field — preferably Computer Science or Mathematics — or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Fluency in writing and debugging C++ code.
- Experience developing and improving scalable server applications.
- Experience with AWS and Linux.
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a team.
It would also be nice for you to have
- Top notch barbecue skills.
- Familiarity with scrum or other agile methodologies.
Not job hunting? Send this along to someone who is.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- Cascade Angels New Fund Co-Manager Robert Pease Talks Startup Success, Failure and the Trouble with Ping Pong - February 15, 2018
- Want to Dig into Coworking? BendTECH is Hiring a Community and Operations Manager - February 13, 2018
- Bend Startup Mission Limelight Takes Nonprofit Auctions to the Next Level - February 6, 2018