The last batch of finalists for the Bend Venture Conference was just announced. Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) revealed the four companies that will be competing in the social impact competition, which includes for-profit companies whose business models are integrated with a social or environmental mission. Last year, companies in the Social Impact category won prizes ranging from $50,000 to $100,000.
In alphabetical order, the Four Social Impact finalists are:
- Diatomix (Beaverton, OR) – A bioengineered photocatalytic technology that actively and continuously improves indoor air quality.
- eWind Solutions (Beaverton, OR) – A renewable airborne wind energy company utilizing a rigid wing kite to produce energy.
- Green Theme International (Portland, OR) – The next generation in textile performance in durability, value and environmental sustainability with their clean chemistry and water free solution.
- InPipe Energy (Portland, OR) – Creates a new source of clean electricity, helps improve the economics of water management and reduces carbon emissions.
For the news release:
“We’re entering our second year of the Social Impact Competition, and are looking forward to seeing what these Oregon companies bring to the stage,” said Brian Vierra, EDCO’s Venture Catalyst. “They are solid, investable companies in a wide range of industries, all looking to make a social impact in their respective fields.”
Tickets to the 14th Annual Bend Venture Conference are on sale now and are available here. You can buy tix just for the social impact portion. The conference also includes early stage and growth stage startups, competing for cash prizes and investments. Finally, if you want to kick the BVC week off right, start by coming to the unConference, a casual, first-come, first-serve pitchfest with cash prizes for the top-two startup pitches.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- 500+ Posts Later, StartupBend Founders Close Up Blog and Look to What’s Next - February 26, 2020
- Save the Date: unConference Returns for its 10th year w/ Cash Prizes and Fun Oct. 15 - October 7, 2019
- The Annual BendTECH Startup Resource Fair Returns 6/6 - May 21, 2019