The Technology Association of Oregon is hosting a valuable event for anyone who has ever had the experience of wishing they felt a little more confident, sounded more powerful or projected themselves in a different way. The Confidence Project is a three-hour workshop on July 31 for anyone, of experience level who want to develop consistent confidence when networking, leading and building valuable relationships.
According to TAO:
This highly interactive and fun event is designed for people who want to spark trust, create value, and feel competent & comfortable among their colleagues, investors, potential investors, clients, potential clients and others in their world.
Attendees will experience lively interaction and practice essential skills regarding how to:
- Make a powerful first impression in-person and online.
- Project confident body language that conveys trust, approachability, and credibility in one-on-one conversations or in a group.
- Introduce themselves and others with impact to build influence.
- Enter and exit conversations with ease.
- Strengthen their vocal presence, one of the most powerful tools to influence others.
- Practice “Amplification” to make colleagues feel heard & respected in meetings and conversations, especially those who are quiet, introverted or for whom English is a second language.
- Be heard on conference calls.
- Speak up when interrupted and assert their perspective with integrity.
- Lose “weak words” and use “power words” that hold weight and show respect.
- Develop the Art of Conversation to connect in any business, volunteer or social situation.
The course is taught by Tracy Bagli Hooper, an international professional speaker and founder of The Confidence Project. She’s a TV news reporter and anchor by trade and current voice-over professional with clients like Disney, Kaiser Permanente, Marriott and NFL Films. She’s worked with companies such as Intel, Columbia, and Providence Health.
At $40, this seems like money well spent. On a personal note, I’ve had the chance to take courses like this before and I’m always amazed at how small changes in how you present and position yourself can make a big difference. Looking forward to this and I hope I’ll see you there!
Interested? Here’s the details:
The Confidence Project
8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Tuesday, July 31st
OSU-Cascades Graduate Research Center
650 Southwest Columbia Street
Bend, OR 97702
Bonus 2 GIFs because I couldn’t choose …
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- Kickoff 2019 with an Evening of BadAss Women Entrepreneurs; Learn about Startup Funding Opportunities, Hear from Successful Founders and More - December 18, 2018
- Cascade Angels Announces Largest Fund Ever w/ $1.1 Million in Investments This Year - December 11, 2018
- Looking for Office Space? Check Out BendTECH Coworking - November 30, 2018