The future of Bend is a topic that’s always ripe for discussion. How much will the city grow? What will that growth look like? Who will drive it? Will it make the city better or impact the things we love? The Bend Chamber of Commerce will tackle these issues in more in a unique What’s Brewing event scheduled for Tuesday (tomorrow) at 5 p.m. at the Tower Theater.
More from the Chamber:
The October version of our regular What’s Brewing series will be like no other. Hosted at the Tower Theatre, Bend Rising: Should I Stay or Should I Go? is where the next generation of Bend’s business community and residents will weigh in on what they will inherit. Young professionals in Bend experience firsthand the impacts of high-cost housing and population growth. Our emerging workforce sees opportunity in urban living, but also wants to retain and enjoy the culture and natural beauty of Bend 30+ years from now as those who will inherit it.
Our guest will be John Savo, a principal, lead architect and self-prescribed “urbanist” at NBBJ, an internationally renowned architecture and design firm. Mr. Savo helped redefine Seattle’s South Lake Union District for millennials and Amazon. He works with communities, both large and small, who want to design spaces for the next generation of people who will occupy and love where they live and work.
The Bend Chamber’s Young Professionals Network (YPN) and Leadership Bend graduates will take the stage with Mr. Savo in what should prove to be a spirited and dynamic conversation on Bend’s future urban form. Come join the discussion. This is the chance of a lifetime to engage in your future, have a voice in what your city will be like, and impact your future home. Audience participation will definitely be encouraged, so be ready!
The panel will include:
- Harrison Womack – Velox Systems & YPN Council Chair
- Meg Sinclair – 1077 The Beat & YPN Council Member
- Maggie Kirby – VP Development Craft3, LB Graduate 2015, Deschutes County Planning Commission
- Bud Torcom – CEO/Founder Mazama Media, Social Media Strategist, FB SMB Council Member
It promises to be an interesting and inspiring evening. Check it out. You can register for the event here.
You can reach Kelly by email at [email protected].
Latest posts by Kelly Kearsley (see all)
- 500+ Posts Later, StartupBend Founders Close Up Blog and Look to What’s Next - February 26, 2020
- Save the Date: unConference Returns for its 10th year w/ Cash Prizes and Fun Oct. 15 - October 7, 2019
- The Annual BendTECH Startup Resource Fair Returns 6/6 - May 21, 2019