|at Cairn, Inc.|
|Date Posted||February 16, 2017|
We are looking for and Full-Stack Engineer/Web Developer to join our team.
WHY CAIRN IS AWESOME
Cairn believes that being outside replenishes the soul. We started Cairn with the goal of creating meaningful ways for people to feel connected with the outdoors in their everyday life. Our subscription box service helps people discover and experience new products that inspire them to dream and do more in the outdoors. Cairn is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
Since the company’s founding in early 2014, Cairn has grown from shipping product out of the CEO’s garage to a market leader and growing community of outdoor enthusiasts numbering in the tens of thousands. Cairn recently raised outside capital that will be used to fuel our continued growth for the millions of people who love the outdoors.
Are you a ‘jack of all trades’ when it comes to IT? Are you an avid outdoorsman with a secret love for code and technology?
With Cairn’s continued growth in Bend, it’s time to add a seasoned Full-Stack Engineer/Web Developer to help scale our IT infrastructure. This role is dream job combination for someone who loves the outdoors and technology. The primary focus will be on our e-commerce platform (Shopify), recurring billing platform, automating key processes, and integrating key systems.
Bend is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise and now you can work for a company that embodies the Central Oregon lifestyle. So come on, we can’t wait to see what you can accomplish with us!
- Manage the ongoing maintenance, development, and customization of Cairn’s IT ecosystem - Website (Hosted on Shopify), backend system (NetSuite), recurring billing platform, as well as all other homegrown or 3rd party systems implemented by Cairn.
- Manage on-going relationships with 3rd party developers.
- Write system requirements and document all system changes.
- Work with all business areas (Marketing, Operations, Brand Relationships, Accounting, etc) to understand the needs of the business and identify ways to use technology to streamline, optimize, and automate those needs.
- Create, manage, and analyze budgetary needs for Cairn’s IT architecture/environment.
- Ensure all major IT initiatives are properly tested and follow a disciplined release process.
- Proactively research and provide recommendations on possible technology solutions to identified business problems.
- Have a software/web development background (at least 3-5 years). When needed, you can write great code, code that is legible, efficient, modular, well tested and handles any edge case you throw at it. You’re comfortable getting your hands dirty with the full application and server stack.
- Are a scrappy, self-starter. You don’t wait for guidance from others. Rather, you dive in and solve problems, big and small.
- You are a closer. When given a task, you drive it and manage through completion.
- Are extremely organized, have an innate ability to plan ahead, work ahead and follow up.
- Are customer-focused and deadline-driven.
- Are a leader, running point on key architectural decisions.
- Communicate effectively with outside vendor partners to keep projects/systems on task and ensure they are executed properly
- You have experience managing/developing e-commerce systems.
- Have experience developing, designing and architecting large-scale web and mobile applications.
- Have experience managing 3rd party API integrations, both building and consuming.
- Have a strong grasp of Python.
- Are a Shopify expert. If not, you have the aptitude to learn quickly and be the expert we need.
- Have experience building beautiful, responsive HTML5 designs.
- Have up-to-date, first-hand knowledge of the latest CSS trends, and how they perform differently in each browser.
- Have ERP implementation experience preferably NetSuite.
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment is a big plus.
- You have BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field with demonstrated academic excellence.
- Left successful careers around the country and congregated in Bend, Oregon, because living our passion is important to us. Our first “board meetings” were conducted on paddleboards.
- Are inspired to enrich and expand the outdoor experience by fostering connections among those who create and enjoy it.
- Are committed to fostering outdoor community by facilitating relationships and inspiring people to get out and adventure.
- Are building the world’s best Gear Closet filled with all sorts for cool gear for employees to use
- Are humorous / fun / light-hearted, down-to-earth, intentional / mindful, friendly / collaborative, inspirational /
- We will fight beside you in the trenches to accomplish the amazing.
- Offer fast-paced startup experience in a high growth company. What more could you want?